The hamlet of Jamesport, first settled in the 1690s, was originally called Aquebogue then Lower Aquebogue. In 1833, James Tuthill and his family settled the area south of Lower Aquebogue, which then became known as “Jamesport.”
The family-owned farm is thriving on the North Fork. With its diversity of local and organic vegetables, fruits, pies, goat cheese, and fun activities for the kids, North Fork farmstands are a gourmet’s delight. Here is a variety.