The hamlet of Jamesport, first settled in the 1690s, was originally called Aquebogue then Lower Aquebogue. In 1833, James Tuthill and his family settled the area south of Lower Aquebogue, which then became known as “Jamesport.”
The 2016 North Fork real estate market was very strong overall and for many realtors, it was their best year since 2008! With sales up, prices rising, and inventory very low, it was a seller’s market. There were multiple bids with properties selling at or above asking price.